My To Do List for February 2016 highlights the best new releases, launches, and events to keep on your radar. Read on to find out what to do all month-long.
1. Netflix original series Fuller House returns on Feb. 26: The Tanner family’s adventures continue as DJ Tanner-Fuller shares a home with her sister Stephanie and friend Kimmy who help raise her three boys.
3. Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Chrissy Teigen: The Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover model is also a trained chef. I’m buying the cookbook just for her queso recipe. Download her Superbowl party recipes HERE.
4. Be Frank With Me by Julia Claiborne Johnson: Frank is a character not soon forgotten. He will likely steal your heart. This charming novel is filled with humor and love and a big heart. The perfect book for fans of The Rosie Project, Where’d You Go Bernadette? and The Storied Life of J.J. Fikry.
5. Shmanners Podcast: I am enjoying this new etiquette podcast hosted by Travis McElroy and his wife, Teresa. It’s really fun and informative! Check it out!
6. Hymns Joey + Rory: Country music husband-and-wife duo Joey and Rory are releasing a new album of hymns on February 12, including a song the couple recorded while Joey Feek was undergoing treatment for cervical cancer. It is a collection of some of Joey’s favorite hymns that she used to sing when she was growing up. Together, Joey and Rory completed this album with all their heartfelt emotion and Joey’s beautiful vocals that you have come to love over the years. The new album includes the song “When I’m Gone,” which they recorded just after one of Joey’s first surgeries.
Rory Feek has been documenting his wife’s struggle with cancer in an online blog, This Life I Live and wrote last fall that they had decided to end treatment after the cancer continued to spread.
7. South Beach Food and Wine Festival: The Food Network and Cooking Channel South Beach Wine and Food Festival Feb. 24-28 showcases some of the top food and wine experts in the world. Among the highlights of the four-day food and wine festival are wine tastings, gourmet dinners, seminars, cooking demonstrations, tributes, and the Food Network Awards Show. Don’t Miss Rachel Ray’s Burger Bash, Trish Yearwood’s Southern Brunch, and the Grand Tasting Village.
8. How to Write Better One Day Online Workshop: Join best-selling author Joshua Fields Millburn of The Minimalists for a special online writing workshop. This two-hour live class on Sunday, February 7 at 3 PM EST will be full of detailed instruction on how you can write clearly, concisely, and beautifully. Whether you’re interested in creating more powerful business emails, improving your blogging skills, composing beautiful prose, or writing your first book, this webinar can help. The event will include a plethora of writing tips and instructions from Professor Millburn, culled from his years of experience writing four books and building an audience of over 4 million readers at his popular website, TheMinimalists.com, as well as a live interactive Q&A session. Can’t attend the event live? Don’t worry a recording will be available for anyone who would like to watch (or rewatch) the class at a later date.
9. Lent: 40 Days With Jesus Devotional: This beautiful journal is divided into eight sections about Jesus: faithful, humble, forgiving, obedient, unconventional, loving, convinced, and prayerful. Each section features beautiful photography, a prayer for that theme, five passages of scripture illustrating that week’s theme, and a lined page below each scripture for notes.
10. Black Tap NYC Milk Shakes: These Instagram-worthy milkshakes are the hottest dessert craze in NYC. The artfully-designed shakes, which are almost a foot tall, sell for $15. The restaurant will soon have a red velvet cake shake special for Valentine’s Day and a Super Bowl themed shake.
11. Kimberly Snyder’s Power Yoga Series DVD: From the creator of the Glowing Green Smoothie comes a brand new Yoga series for beginner and intermediate levels.
- Flow Series 1 (Experienced Beginner) – 60 Minutes
- Flow Series II (Intermediate) – 60 Minutes
- Breathing Practices (Pranayama) – 7 minutes
- The Beauty Detox Yoga Guidebook, a bonus 187 page PDF with six heavily detailed modules to enrich your yoga experience.
- You will receive access to The Beauty Detox Power Yoga Series in an Online Academy
If you prefer a digital download of the DVD, click here.
12. Super Bowl 50: The Carolina Panthers and Denver Broncos kick off Superbowl 50 on Feb. 7 at 6:30 PM EST in Santa Clara, CA. Score a cool game day beanie from Goorin Bros in your favorite team’s colors.
13. Mardi Gras: Fat Tuesday is Feb. 9 in New Orleans, Louisiana. You don’t have to be from Louisiana to appreciate a delicious King Cake. Here are a few recipes you may want to try.
14. The Lady in the Van starring Downton Abbey’s Maggie Smith: Downton Abbey’s Maggie Smith stars in, The Lady In The Van, the true story of a homeless woman who lived for 15 years outside the home of playwright Alan Bennett. Bennett detailed his often strained relationship with the eccentric Miss Shepherd in his diaries and later turned it into a play.
15. Savannah Book Festival: The Savannah Book Festival is February 11-14 in Savannah, Georgia. This year’s keynote authors include Paula McLain, author of Circling the Sun, William Paul Young, author of Eve: A Novel, and Erik Larson, author of Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania. Over 40 authors participate in this fabulous event.
What’s on your radar for February? Tell me in the comments!
You May Have Missed:
January Newsletter: Instagram Tips + Boston Travel Guide + Books to Inspire + Tech Tips + GF News + More Good Stuff!