Take a peek inside my beauty bag to find out some of my favorite beauty products.
1. Red Apple Girls Lipstick and Glosses: ($23.50): I recently discovered Red Apple Lipstick. Since I have celiac disease, I cannot have gluten containing products. Many cosmetic lines contain gluten and other harmful ingredients which end up being digested. Red Apple products are free of parabens and other harmful ingredients. Read more about makeup ingredients here. My favorites are Sun Sparkles and Coral Crush.
2. Bite Lush Lip Wipes ($12.00): These wipes are formulated specifically for lips and help to nourish, replenish and mattify while removing even the brightest, boldest colors. I tested them out on a lip gloss, lip pencil, and lipstick, and they removed them all instantly. Since they’re individually packaged, they are great for travel.
3. No Mo-Stache (16.00): You know, sometimes life just gets in the way of personal care. Things get busy, and you have to cancel your waxing appointment, or you weren’t able to fit it in before you left for your vacation or work trip. It happens. These awesome, handy individual waxing strips fit right in your purse or toiletries kit.
4. Beauty Fix Balm ($30.00): This wonder product is a great fix for dry lips, skin, nails, and hair. Capable of rebalancing, healing, smoothing, soothing and hydrating a wide array of skin conditions, this balm is filled with antioxidants thanks to the Rosehip and Camellia Oils inside.
5. One Love Organics Vitamin C Body Oil ($58.00): Before you head out the door, add superb hydration, a radiant glow, and a pineapple scent by applying this body oil. The ingredients are simple, natural and effective. I love the fragrance.
6. Black Chicken Love Your Body Polish ($36.00): If you are looking for an amazing home spa ritual, look no further than this scrub! Black Chicken Remedies takes their incredible Love Your Body Oil, bursting with the goodness of Avocado, Rosehip and Hazelnut Oils, to the next level in this decadent polish. The addition of Himalayan Pink Salt, containing all of the minerals and trace elements contained in the human body, allows you to scrub away the bad stuff and replace them with the good stuff.
7. Spornette ($12.00 – $24.00): Spornette boar bristle brushes are great for smoothing out all hair types – thin, thick, straight, curly or wavy. They can also give you a great wave or curl without damaging your hair like a metal brush can. Metal brushes can get so hot! I prefer brushes with longer bristles because your hair glides through the brush more easily than with short bristles. You want the bristles to be closer together because it will catch more hair in the brush when you run it through your hair. This smooths it more quickly. I have one in small, medium, and extra-large. The little teasing brush is my favorite.
8. The Art of Hair: The Ultimate DIY Guide to Braids, Buns, Curls, and More by Rubi Jones ($3.49): If you’re looking to see the future of hair, you need to keep an eye on Rubi Jones. The stylist began her career in New York City before moving to Paris to work with everyone from Marant to Saint Laurent. Since moving back to NYC, she’s been busy working on her new book, The Art Of Hair: The Ultimate Guide To Braids, Buns, Curls And More, which highlights more than 40 cool-girl hairstyles with step-by-step guides for creating the looks.
9. Osmia Organics Spot Treatment ($22.00): It’s a miracle in a tiny, roller-ball bottle. It stops cystic bumps in their tracks and has the right combo of essential oils to not dry out my skin.
10. Earthing Grounded Beauty Pillow Case ($50.00): The Grounded Beauty Silver Pillow can do what no other pillow on the planet can. It reconnects you to the Earth’s gentle, natural, restorative energy while you sleep. You’ll wake up feeling revitalized and filled with vibrancy to face the day. I sleep better, feel better and look better using this pillow.
- Wake up looking younger and rested
- Enjoy having more energy
- Minimize wrinkles
- Increase your metabolism
Questions of the Day:
Where do you shop for beauty products?
My favorite new online beauty boutique is Cap Beauty.
And I would love to know what are some of your favorite new beauty products?