Take a peek inside my makeup bag and find out some of my favorite beauty products plus a healthy cookbook for glowing skin, a must-read book about gut health and supplements to aid digestion and aches and pains.
1. GET THE GLOW: DELICIOUS AND EASY RECIPES THAT WILL NOURISH YOU FROM THE INSIDE OUT | BY MADELEINE SHAW: Madeleine shares delicious gluten-free and sugar-free recipes bursting with flavour and nutritional value leaving you feeling full and nourished. I enjoy reading her blog for healthy recipes and nutritional tips.
2. ELLIS FAAS SKIN VEIL FOUNDATION: I wear Gerda Spillman foundation for a matte finish. If I am attending a special event and want my skin to really glow, I wear Ellis Faas Skin Veil for the most luminous finish of any foundation I have used. It really is a spectacular product. Ellis Fasas makeup is the product of world-renowned makeup artist, Ellis Faas. Ellis Faas products are fragrance-free, paraben free and cruelty-free.
3. RUBIS TWEEZERS: These tweezers keep brows orderly and in line. For me, there is little that is more annoying than having dull tweezers that can’t grab hairs, and that never happens with these. They get every tiny hair, even the ones that are just barely breaking through the surface.
4. BEAUTY CHEF’S HYDRATION INNER BEAUTY BOOST: The Beauty Chef’s products are my top supplements to aid digestion. The Hydration Inner Beauty Boost includes six billion digestive-balancing probiotics along with prebiotics, electrolytes, minerals, vitamins and plant nutrients designed to support optimum skin health and general wellbeing. Designed to be taken daily as an extra boost of nutritional support the Hydration Inner Beauty Boost combats dry skin, fine lines and free-radical damage while improving gut health, circulation and oxygenation thanks to skin-loving ingredients including Coconut Water, Aloe Vera and Lemon Myrtle. I also use The Beauty Chef Glow Inner Beauty Powder and The Beauty Chef Antioxidant Inner Beauty Boost. I order my products online at Cap Beauty.
5. JIVA APOHA PARUTKA (JOINTS) OIL: Jiva Apoha Parutka Oil helps relieve aches and pains. This particular blend of potent all-natural essential oils in a base of soothing, skin-strengthening Sweet Almond oil couples well with a massage when applying it. The results are lightning-fast, and your troubled joints and knotted muscles will immediately thank you by quieting down and unfurling. Turmeric and Marjoram fight inflammation, are warming and increase circulation to aid your body’s ability to heal itself. Lemongrass and Eucalyptus are stimulating, refreshing and uplifting. They have also been known to ease headaches and stress and help relieve nasal congestion. If you find yourself feeling tired, achy, check this out.
6. SUNPOTION’S TOCOS RICE BRAN SOLUBLES: I am very impressed with the products I use from Sunpotion. One of the products is Tocos, a rich and decadent treat derived from the bran of Organic Brown Rice. Tocos is a naturally sweet addition to your diet. But don’t let its delicious flavor fool you, this powerhouse adaptogen is rich in Vitamins E and D, both of which will do wonders for your skin, muscles, and tissues. Use it as a creamer in your tonic teas, swirled with honey as a weekly face mask or simply by spoonful straight from the bag. Get in on the power of adaptogens and be prepared for transformation to happen. These herbs have been around for a very long time for good reason. They work. And this one is life changing. I use to help with thyroid related issues such as thining hair.
7. SHEILA STOTTS REMOVAL BRUSH: This brush was created for people with extensions since extensions tangle so easily, but the secret is that this brush is amazing on all types of hair. Since our hair is the most delicate when it’s wet, using a brush that’s gentle on the follicles and scalp is key. Most metal brushes have little balls on the tips of the bristles and those balls get caught in the strands and snap the follicle. This brush doesn’t have those balls so it doesn’t pull and break the hair.
8. OSMOSIS HYDRA LIFT MASK: I use the Osmosis Hydralift Firming Gel Mask after several days of flying. This mask is a hydrating and firming mask that promotes soothing and tightening benefits for all skin types. Powerful ingredients add hydration to the skin that aid in plumping and firming. Soothing and calming Cucumber extract provides a cooling and healing effect to most irritated skins while Aloe Vera helps to speed up cell renewal by up to eight times and quickly penetrates the epidermis for intense, immediate hydration. Osmosis products can be purchased online from JoElla Milan. Jo Ella offers free shipping and the best prices on Osmosis products.
9. GUT: THE INSIDE STORY OF OUR BODY’S MOST UNDER-RATED ORGAN | BY GIULIA ENDERS: It is no secret a strong immune system is one key to staying well. A healthy immune system starts in the gut. Gut: The Inside Story of Our Body’s Most Under-Rated Organ is an international best-selling book by Giulia Enders. Find out the answers to questions such as Why does acid reflux happen? What’s really up with gluten and lactose intolerance? How does the gut affect obesity and mood? Communication between the gut and the brain is one of the fastest-growing areas of medical research. Our gut reactions are intimately connected with our physical and mental well-being. The book is divided into three sections and covers the mechanics of the digestive system, including going to the bathroom and how to do it better. Secondly, the nervous system and the gut, and finally the bacterial flora that help the gut perform. Click here for an informative interview with Giulia.
10. ANCIENT MINERALS MAGNESIUM SPRAY: Magnesium is required for the body to produce and store energy. Without magnesium, there is no energy, no movement, no life. Dr. Carolyn Dean, author of The Magnesium Miracle, believes that magnesium deficiency is a significant factor in many severe illnesses including heart attacks and other forms of heart disease, asthma, anxiety and panic attacks, depression, fatigue, diabetes, migraines and other headaches, osteoporosis, insomnia, and most cases of muscular problems. A lack of this critical nutrient is a major factor in many common health problems. I use a few sprays of Ancient Mineral Magnesium Spray to replenish what gets lost during stressful days.
11. QUINTESSENTIAL OPTIMUM MINERALIZATION 3.3: Dr.Norman Walker discovered there were certain key minerals that were not available in the vegetable kingdom. He stated that the ocean contains all of the trace minerals that the human body requires. Quinessential is a nutrient-rich marine fluid that is harvested from the depths of a particular oceanic plankton bloom using the same harvesting method developed by French physiologist and humanitarian Ren Quinton over 110 years ago. Not only does QuintEssential have the potential to nourish you with all the trace minerals required by the body, but this product also provides amino acids, un-modified RNA, antioxidants, polysaccharides and fatty acids. In my opinion, QuintEssential is the best product in the world that we currently know of, to re-mineralize and nourish the human body.
Benefits of using QuintEssential Optimum Mineralization 3.3
• Relaxation / Sleep
• Digestive Support
• Immune Support
• Adrenal Support
Read more about this supplement here.
12. SUNPOTION’S SHEA BUTTER: The Sunpotion Shea Butter provides amazing hydration. Shea Butter is made from the nut of the Karite Tree which grows in the tropical regions of Africa. The Karite Trees take at least 15 years to produce shea, fruits which are then stored, dried and crushed. This “butter” is 100% chemical-free and safe to eat (though intended for external use).
Some of the benefits include the following:
- Balances Skin pH
- Contains a unique profile of minerals, proteins, & essential fatty acids.
- Opens cells to draw moisture in, retain the hydration & allows skin to BREATHE
Use of Shea butter may reduce fine wrinkles & assist in healing conditions such as: sun damage, blemishes, psoriasis, eczema, acne, severe skin dryness, chapping, scrapes, burns, skin allergies, fungal infections & more.
QUESTION OF THE DAY:
What are some of your favorite beauty products?
You May Have Missed:
20 Must-Read Articles For Your Weekend Reading
Fall Newsletter: Santa Fe Travel Guide + Capsule Wardrobes + Better List Making + Fall To Do List + Tech Tips + GF News + More Fun!
2 thoughts on “My Favorite Beauty Products”
I’ve heard great things about Gut. I’m going to order it from my library now. I’m intrigued by the Beauty Chef’s products. I’m looking at their selection now.
I enjoy reading The Beauty Chef’s blog. She posts recipes too. http://www.thebeautychef.com
Comments are closed.