Take a peek inside my beauty bag and find out some of my favorite beauty products.
1. SURRATT EXPRESSIONIST BROW PENCIL: This is my favorite brow filler. It is available in four shades. You can use it to draw on precise, matte eyebrow hairs or shade an entire chunk of brow hair that won’t grow back. It has a nice weight with an always-sharp graphite tip. You can also buy refills after purchasing the original holder. I love a full and bold brow.
2. SLIP SLEEP MASK: I love this brand of silk pillowcases and sleep masks. Slip pure silk sleep masks are 100% pure silk, inside and out. They’re made with pure silk filler, silk internal liner, and a silk-covered elastic band. Make sure your sleep mask and pillow case are 100% silk. Sleeping on a satin pillowcase and wearing a satin sleep mask also provides anti-aging, skin and hair benefits. The Slip Sleep Mask is one of my carry-on bag essentials for red-eye flights.
3. MARY KAY BROW GEL: To finish my eyebrow look, I love a strong-hold gel. Believe it or not, Mary Kay Brow Gel ($10) is the only one I’ve found that holds without flaking. I like to exaggerate any ‘sprouty’ hairs at the beginning of the eyebrow by brushing them up and almost inward toward the nose. Brush it across and through the midsection of the brow by feathering it out on the ends or tails. This creates that full, feathered look.
4. GEORGIE CLEAR LASH ADHESIVE: I like to use Georgie Clear Lash Adhesive for applying faux lashes. Georgie Clear Adhesive is a non-toxic faux lash adhesive. The first adhesive that is dermatologist tested, PETA and vegan certified and does not contain formaldehyde or phthalates. It lasts for approximately 50 applications. Most of the brands on the market irritate my eyes. Click here for a helpful guide to applying faux lashes.
5. SURRATT LASH CURLER: I love this eye lash curler. It is wider than other brands so all the lashes fit in the curler. To get the most curl out of your clamp, you should “pump” once at the base of your lashes, once midway through, and once at the very ends. If you concentrate the curl only at the beginning, you’ll end up with more dent and less elongation.
6. ARDELL LASHES: For special occasions, I like to wear faux lashes. Faux lashes are worn by many celebrities to make their eyes pop. Carrie Underwood wears Smoke and Mirror Lashes by Stephen Moleski. My favorite design is Nashville. I also love Ardell Lashes, which are inexpensive and look natural if applied correctly. Some of my favorite are the 110 Black, 112 Demi Black, 120 Demi Black and Demi Wispies Black. I think they are also great for people that have lost their eye lashes due to the side effects of chemotherapy and other drugs used for medical treatment.
7. TAMMY FENDER QUINTESSENTIAL SERUM: Tammy Fender is a highly regarded aesthetician and well known among the worlds most recognized faces, from Hollywood celebrities to her local Palm Beach following. Tammy’s products are amazing. If you are looking for a serum, the Quintessential Serum is Tammy’s most popular product. The ingredients work together to fight the signs of aging, keep skin moisturized and strengthen skin cells. With nutrient oils and pure essential oils such as Rose Hip Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, and Bulgarian Rose Oil, this serum strengthens collagen, reduces wrinkles and protects the skin from UV rays.
8. PLUS CBD OIL BALM: This highly effective salve is great for moisturizing the skin and helping relieve minor aches and pains. It can help heal blisters quickly. CBD has been shown to be a better anti-inflammatory than Ibuprofen or similar OTC pain delivers. It is non-GMO and Gluten Free. Apply a small amount of product to affected area, rub into skin. Do not use on open wounds. Consult with your doctor if you are taking medications or have medical issues before using any supplements for pain management.
9. SLICE COSMETIC PENCIL SHARPENER: Pencil sharpeners are one of those must-have products, keeping eyeliners and brow pencils sharp enough to perform at their best. This one from slice makes keeping your tools in perfect working order super simple, clean and efficient. The stylish compact design is easy to store while minimizing mess that may accumulate in your makeup drawers. There’s nothing worse than flecks of pencil lingering at the bottom and staining your makeup. It sharpens all sizes of pencils and crayons, thanks to the double hole and removable adapter ring. All the shavings are caught in the pebble for easy disposal. The blades are super sharp, and there’s even a built-in blade-cleaning pick to remove any residue from the sharpener.
10. M-61 POWER GLOW PEEL: I’m really into these M-61 Power Glow peels. I like to use one after a long flight. They get your skin feeling bright, glowing and utterly clean. They are sold in travel size packets.
11. OSMOSIS HARMONIZED WATER TRAVEL: When I travel internationally, I like to pack one of these osmosis harmonized water kits. The kit includes four minis to boost your cells into action. These waters are frequency enhanced for health. They are non-toxic, effective for all ages and improve your health on a cellular level. There is no expiration date on any of the Harmonized Waters. The energy is in the form of scalar waves, which means the water molecule always contains that energy until used by the body. As long as you do not put anything into the bottle once opened the water is always viable. This kit is the perfect way to get started on Harmonized Water.
Conditions Recommended For:
- Digestive Health: Rosacea, Psoriasis, Eczema, IBS, Bowel Irregularity, Acid Reflux, Gum Disease
- Relax: Sleep Problems, Anxiety
- Energize Me: Fatigue
- Hangover Helper: Alcohol Related Effects
Find out more about Osmosis harmonized water here.
12. BLUE GREEN ALGAE SUPPLEMENT: Blue green algae (Aphanizomanon flos-aquae, or AFA) is the very first protein and most ancient food on our planet. At the bottom of the food chain, blue green algae is literally the most nutrient-rich food. Blue green algae, especially from Klamath Lake (one of the few remaining unpolluted alkaline lakes on earth), is a nutrient dense whole food source that contains protein (64% protein compared to just 22% protein found in animal protein like steak), over 65 vitamins and minerals, essential fatty acids, and a huge dose of chlorophyll (3-5 times more than wheatgrass). It contains all the nutrients your body needs in a form that’s more readily bioavailable to us (we absorb 97%) than vitamin supplements (5%-25% absorbable) made in a laboratory.
This powerful anti-aging Blue Green Algae with anti-oxidants naturally increases energy, boosts your immune system, improves digestion, and helps contribute to detox and weight loss. Take 2 capsules up to three times a day on an empty stomach to minimize water retention, curb appetite, and fortify skin, hair, and nails. E3Live is the only company you can buy algae in its fresh frozen for form. I recommend this brand for at home use. For travel, I use a Blue Green Algae supplement like Susan Ciminelli. Make sure the products is sourced from Klamath Lake. Consult with your health care professional if you are taking medication or have health issues before using this product.
QUESTION OF THE DAY:
What are some of your favorite beauty products?