Take a peek inside my beauty bag to find out some of my favorite beauty products for hair and skin. Read on to discover my monthly beauty favorites for January.
1. PINK PEWTER HEADBANDS: I am crazy about Pink Pewter headbands. I love how they can make me look put together and chic on days that my hair is flat, dirty, or oily. I have several designs and wear them a lot. I like wearing them with my hair in a top bun, a high pony tail, or curls. Some of my favorites are Tamara, Genevieve, Madison, Poppy and Rikki.
2. MAMA MIO’S LUCKY LEGS: I use Mama Mio’s Lucky Legs after a long day on the plane and right after a workout. This cooling gel helps to relieve tired hard-working legs and feet. It is rich in stimulating oils and revitalizing spearmint to refresh fatigued legs and decongest puffy, swollen feet. Mama Mio’s products use only natural ingredients and have no harmful additives and preservatives.
3. KAI BODY LOTION: Kai body lotion is the best smelling body lotion. It is paraben, sulfate, phthalate, and phosphate free. It has safflower seed oil, shea butter, apricot kernel oil, and cucumber fruit extract. The scent of kai is nothing short of beautiful, refreshing and very unique. Kai has a light mix of fresh florals and somewhat of a tropical scent to it. I love all the products from Kai.
4. HONEYBEE NAIL POLISH REMOVER: I use Honeybee Nail Polish Remover. The acetone-free formula has horsetail extract to strengthen nails. It also has vitamin E and aloe to soothe and protect cuticles.
5. ORIBE MAXIMISTA TEXTURIZING SPRAY: I use the Oribe Maximista Texturizing Spray to add volume to my fine hair. This is also one of my tricks to getting my high bun to stay in place. I spray at the roots while my hair is wet, then blow dry. I love the entire line of Oribe products. The styling products last a long time and are well worth the investment.
6. VITAMEDICA CLEAR SKIN PACKETS: I use VitaMedica clear skin supplements when I travel internationally. Travel can wreak havoc on the digestive system and cause acne. These supplements really help with skin tone from the inside out, providing your body with essential nutrients in daily vitamin packets that help fortify and build your skin cells. The packets are ideal for travelers.
7. OSMOSIS PUR MEDICAL SKIN CARE: I have tried many eye creams over the years. My favorite is the Osmosis Pure Medical skin care developed by Dr. Ben Johnson. I have used this product consistently for several years now.
I use Osmosis Refresh AM in the morning before applying my eye makeup. Refresh is a powerful eye serum that uses ingredients that work with the skin to effectively reduce puffiness, lines, and dark circles. It also has proven actives that increase collagen and elastin as well as to firm and protect the delicate layers around the eye.
I use Osmosis Refresh PM in the evening after removing my makeup and cleaning my skin. It is an intensely-moisturizing eye serum that helps restore a healthy barrier and plump fine lines around the eyes, while providing protection and improvement to this delicate area.
8. CHARLOTTE TILBURY EYE PALETTE, THE DOLCE VITA: Charlotte Tilbury is a London-based makeup artist. Some of her clients include Kate Moss, Sienna Miller, and Jennifer Lopez. Miss Tilbury recently launched her signature makeup line. I love the Dolce Vita Eye Palette. Check out her awesome makeup tutorials here. Charlotte Tilbury Products are available online and exclusively at Bergdorf Goodman. Contact Tommy Napali (212.872.2584) at Bergdorf Goodman in N.Y.C. for order inquiries and appointments.
9. DE FABULOUS TWISTER CURLING IRONS: I use the De Fabulous Curing Irons when I want to add curls. My hair is naturally straight so I have to use a curling iron to change-up my hair style. I was never able to use a curling iron until I discovered the De Fabulous twister curling irons. Before I curl my hair, I spray it with Oribe Soft Lacquer Heat Styling Spray. I clip my hair once with my curling iron, and let the iron do the rest. Several sizes are available:
10. ZENAGEN HAIR CARE PRODUCTS: I have experienced thinning hair due to thyroid disease. My hair is also very dry from working long hours on an airplane. I use heat styling products such as blow dryers and curling irons that damage hair. Since I started using Zenagen hair care products, my hair has not only grown noticeably faster than it ever has before, but also healthier and thicker. I am so happy to use a product that consists of all natural ingredients with proven results. I stopped using the shampoo and immediately noticed a difference in my hair. My hair is noticeable thicker, shinier, and overall healthier with regular use of the products.
Zenagen Revolve System reverses hair loss at the roots,defending follicles against dihydrotestosterone or “DHT”—the molecular culprit that causes 95% of hair loss in men and women. Hair grows back thicker, fuller and healthier with just five minutes of shampoo-based treatment, 3-4 times per week. Read more about the science behind Zenagen Revolve.
Zenagen Evolve System replenishes hair nutrients and accelerates growth up to 40% while repairing breakage, healing dryness and reducing shedding caused by excessive heat styling, coloring, chemical treatment or postpartum hair loss. Increase hair length, strength and shine with just five minutes of shampoo-based treatment, 3-4 times per week
- Before getting in the shower, brush your hair to get all the tangles out.
- Rinse your hair for a long time with warm water before applying the shampoo. If you listen to music, rinse for the entire length of one song.
- Section your hair into two parts: top and bottom.
- Dispense a dime-size amount of Zenagen Evolve Treatment and massage into scalp and hair.
- Leave treatment on hair and scalp for five (5) FULL minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- For best results, use Treatment every other day and follow each application with Zenagen Evolve Conditioner.
Find out more of my beauty secrets here and here.
And I love to know what are some of your favorite beauty products?