Here are a few fun links from around the web. Hope you enjoy this edition of Link Love. Have a great weekend, friends!
P.S. I made reading the links easier with a Readlist. It’s a great tool that will let you get the best Internet stories in one place bundled into an e-book you can send to your Kindle, iPad, or iPhone. Click here to download.
1. Why are digital privacy apps so hard to use? (www.theatlantic.com)
2. Why does the world hate Mast Brothers Chocolate? Mast Brothers has been accused of melting down another company’s chocolate to make its so-called ‘bean-to-bar’ treats. (www.theguardian.com)
3. Cutting the cable cord and feeling good about it. (www.newyorktimes.com)
4. What you need to know before taking birth control pills. (www.amymyersmd.com)
5. Meet the mop millionairess behind Jennifer Lawrence’s Joy. (www.telegraph.co.uk)
6. Sam McKnight on creating that iconic Princess Diana haircut. (www.telegraph.co.uk)
7. Jo Malone: how I use plants to make perfume. (www.telegraph.co.uk)
8. The history of the croissant is more complicated than butter and flour. (www.luckypeach.com)
9. At this dinner party, talking about death to strangers isn’t taboo. (www.npr.org)
10. Wearing headphones as a “do not disturb” sign. (www.nytimes.com)
11. A visual diary documenting a red eye flight from New York to Berlin (with a layover in London). (www.nytimes.com)
12. Trader Joe’s ex-President launches grocery store that sells healthy food at fast food prices. (www.nextshark.com)
13. Vitamin D, sun, and cancer. P.S. Sunlight doesn’t cause cancer. (www.bigthink.com)
14. Meet the chef who decides what Tom Brady eats and what he doesn’t. I really enjoyed this story. (www.boston.com)
15. Is the drive for success making our children sick? (www.nytimes.com)
16. Is courtship outdated in a digital world? (www.darlingmagazine.com)
17. A father, a dying son, and a quest to make the most profound video game. (www.slate.com)
18. The ultimate headache guide. (www.goop.com)
19. Meet makeup maven, Lancôme creative director, and YouTube star Lisa Eldridge as she shares all she has learned from twenty years on the job. (www.violetfiles.com)
20. Brothers who cofounded a $100 million company say this question their mom asked every night at dinner is what inspired their business. (www.businessinsider.com)
1. Lidia Bastianich’s cheese-crusted chicken tenders are your new weeknight go-to. (www.tastingtable.com)
2. Everything you love about Sloppy Joes baked into a delicious pie that is packed with flavor and super simple to make! (www.chef-in-training.com)
3. I’m loving this taco kale salad. (www.howsweetseats.com)
4. These fried meatballs are perfect for a football party. (www.elizabethminchilliinrome.com)
5. This white spinach lasagna is a great weeknight dinner recipe. (www.thebakerchic.com)
1. Looking for a great hat? Take advantage of the Goorin Bros. annual Winter sale.
2. I love my business cards from Walnut Paperie. Enjoy 15% off all orders and free shipping on orders over $40 through January 17, 2016. Use code WP2016.
You May Have Missed:
January 2016 To Do List Downton Abbey Podcast Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary) + How to Declutter Your Home + Bone Broth + Grease Live + New Tracy Anderson Exercise DVD + Travel Site to Save Money + More Things to Do All Month Long!
Link Love January 2, 2015 Anxiety + Magic Bar Brownies + Internet Trolls + Why We Don’t Need Resolutions as Much as We Need Solutions + More Good Reads!
If you liked this post, please share it with others. And if you’re new, please consider subscribing to my monthly newsletter, “The Chic List.” My newsletters feature exclusive content for subscribers only. I share valuable tips, hot spots, recipes, and articles delivered straight to your inbox once a month.
Question of the Day:
What are some of your goals and plans for 2016?