Here are a few fun and informative links from around the web. Hope you enjoy this edition of link love. Have a great weekend, friends!
P.S. Download the Pocket App to save articles to read later offline.
1. How to fall back in love.
2. The 23 most in-demand beauty products of 2016.
3. Are we winning the war against ISIS? The President says yes. The experts say no. Here’s a 9-page fact sheet laying out the data.
4. Where to eat in 2016.
5. Shows to stream while you’re hibernating from the cold.
6. Meet Trip Advisor’s top reviewer.
7. The five best things to say if a friend has a miscarriage.
8. The mysterious allure of La Croix’s ‘natural flavor’.
9. What happens when cutting edge medicine offers up conflicting answers.
10. Why it’s hard to talk and make eye contact at the same time.
11. Why some gifts are great to give but not to gift.
12. The best board games for every holiday occasion.
13. The grief of losing a pet.
15. A collection of warm soup recipes.
16. The man who cleans up after plane crashes.
17. Why “Sully” made me proud to be a flight attendant.
18. What are the implications of the UN Security Council’s anti-Israel vote? Here’s the short version.
19. Ever dreamed of being a neat freak?
20. A heartbreaking and inspirational look at being a single-parent.
21. Did you know that Jimmy Stewart spent 20 months on the front lines of Europe during WWII? He was a squadron commander of B-24 heavy bombers and commanded 12 missions in his first two months alone. “It’s a Wonderful Life” was the first movie he made after he returned from the war, and he was suffering from PTSD. This is a beautiful essay about how “a man who came home from war found beauty in peace.”
22. Use this easy chicken pot pie recipe for a soul-warming meal that everyone will love.
23. The Mosul Dam is failing. A breach would cause a colossal wave that could kill as many as a million and a half people.
24. KateMiddleton’s hosting do’s and don’ts.
25. Airline passenger details are an easy prey for hackers, say researchers.
Share what you read, watched, heard, or did that made you think twice.