Here are some great links to interesting articles for your weekend reading. I hope you enjoy this edition of Link Love. Have a fabulous weekend, friends!
P.S. I made reading the links easier with a Readlist. It’s a great tool that will let you get the best Internet stories in one place bundled into an e-book you can send to your Kindle, iPad, or iPhone. Click here to download.
1. A 22-year-old shares her story of being held captive by the Islamist militant group. (stylist.com)
2. Why are there so few female pilots? (telegraph.co.uk)
3. Terry Gross, host of Fresh Air with Terry Gross, who has done 13,000 interviews, on how she uses the very public space of the interview to access tenderly personal places. (nytimes.com)
4. How to read body language to reveal the underlying truth in almost any situation. (lifehack.com)
6. The hardest part of Alzheimer’s was telling my mom she had it. (medium.com)
7. A cancer battle, then a miscarriage. (modernloss.com)
8. Garance Dore talks about her new book and French woman cliches. (nymag.com)
9. What to do when TSA pre-check doesn’t seem to work. (latimes.com)
10. Wild author Cheryl Strayed says you need to be brave enough to break your own heart. (latimes.com)
11. Why you can’t get that song out of your head. (wsj.com)
12. Garance Dore on what make French women so chic. (theguardian.com)
13. If you or a loved one has suffered a miscarriage, read this essay by Laura Benanti. (huffingtonpost.com)
14. How Kansas City became a baseball town once again. (guardian.com)
15. How the French perceive American beauty. (nymag.com)
16. What causes turbulence and is it safe? (telegraph.co.uk)
17. November is the cheapest month to travel. Find out where to go. (telegraph.co.uk)
18. How safe is your mani-pedi? (sfchronicle.com)
19. The 10 best time-saving cooking tricks. (thekitchn.com)
20. The year’s best documentaries. (goop.com)
YOU MAY HAVE MISSED
10 Books to Read This Fall Building a Safe Home + Fertility in Your 30’s & 40’s + Overcoming Addictions + Sherlock Homes + French Style + More!
My monthly newsletter full of great reads & helpful tips is going out soon! Don’t Miss Out.