Here’s a roundup of my favorite new beauty and wellness products. I hope you find the information helpful and maybe some new products to add to your beauty and wellness regimen.
1. Vintner’s Daughter Active Botanical: I recently added this serum to my morning and evening skin care routine. The serum has 22 different botanicals and essentials oils formulated without parabens, phthalates, synthetic fragrances, and other harmful ingredients. If you have acne prone skin, redness, or oily skin, this serum works wonders. I have tried serums in the past and nothing compares to Vintner’s Daughter. It is expensive, but I think it’s worth the money due to the results on my skin.
2. Tongue Scraper: Dr. Tung’s Stainless Steel Tongue Cleaner removes bacteria, eliminates bad breath and restores oral hygiene.
- Place cleaner on tongue as far back as possible.
- Gently glide the cleaner forward, ‘scraping’ off unwanted matter.
- Repeat 3-4 times.
- Rinse well.
- Use twice daily for best results (e.g. first thing in the morning and before bed).
3. Sleeping Monk Nite Nite: I tried a lot of sleeping aids and nothing compares to this brand. Unlike pharmaceutical and even other natural herbal alternatives, Sleeping Monk’s Nite Nite formula does not cause grogginess on the way to sleep, nor upon awakening. If you have trouble sleeping or travel often across different time zones, this is an excellent product. I would also recommend this product for anyone who has anxiety or panic attacks.
4. Pure Vitality Nail Polish Remover: I like the results of Pure Vitality Nail Polish and will no longer use my old favorite, Honeybee Gardens. Pure Vitality quickly removes old nail polish and does not have an odor. Unlike most other acetone free removers, Pure Vitality Beauty Nail Polish Remover is also free from Acetate, Ethyl Lactate, and Petroleum Chemicals.
5. Vital Protein Marine Life: Want to wipe years off your appearance, fight wrinkles and get your body natural collagen? I can’t get enough of this marine collagen from Vital Proteins. It’s an anti-aging supplement, and it’s components have been proven in clinical trials to rejuvenate the skin, minimize fine lines and wrinkles, boost nail health, restore hair growth, beat fatigue and even fight insomnia.
6. DIM: I started taking DIM to deal with hormonal issues. If you have oily skin, hormonal acne outbreaks, and blemishes, you may want to try this supplement. DIM is derived from cruciferous vegetables and helps balance and detox estrogenic toxins in the body that come from the environment such as soy, food preservatives, pesticides, and chlorine and helps restore natural hormone levels. Read more about DIM here.
7. Merben Dry Brush: I love the bikini dry brush from Merben. Use this brush to prevent unsightly bumps and ingrown hairs.
8. Waxelene: Waxelene is an organic, all-natural product that is an alternative to petroleum Vaseline. The product has an organic, natural formulation that has the same protective, waterproofing, moisturizing and soothing properties but contains no petroleum or hydrogenated oils. It’s made with beeswax, organic soybean oil, 100% natural vitamin E oil and organic rosemary oil.
9. Osmosis Pressed Base: I have sampled mineral makeup over the years and never liked any particular brand until I tried the Osmosis Pressed Base. The foundation coverage is the best of any brand for covering skin imperfections such as large pores. I apply Hourglass Mineral Primer on my face followed by concealer. I spray my face with Osmosis Mineral Hydration Mist and follow-up with the Osmosis Pressed Base. I use Tom Ford’s Cream Foundation Brush. If you have any large pores on your face, this is the best coverage I have found for a flawless finish. The trick to using this product is to spray Osmosis Mineral Hydration Mist on your face before applying the powder with a makeup brush. Osmosis does not include harmful ingredients such as Titanium Oxide, Phthalates, Parabens, Colorants, and Fragrance. Research has confirmed the damaging effects of titanium powder on lungs which means most mineral makeup may be harmful. Osmosis Foundation is made using only zinc, which benefits the skin and body while providing broader sun protection.
10. Oil of Garlic: I use this wonderful healing oil for getting rid of the rough patches of skin on my heels from working long hours on an airplane.
The callus eliminating wrap treatments offered in nail salons often contain toxic ingredients, so try this simple herbal oil treatment.
BENEFITS OF USING GARLIC OIL ON YOUR FEET:
- Garlic oil is a preventive measure when a virus or something contagious is going around your workplace or school.
- Speeds recovery when you’ve already have a cold, flu or sinus infection.
- Antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties.
- Allowing this oil to penetrate the large pores on the bottoms of your feet helps it enter your bloodstream and directly fight whatever bug or virus is ailing you.
- Helps dissolve dead/rough skin and calluses.
- A powerful remedy for athlete’s foot and itching.
- Applying garlic oil not only moisturizes to combat the dryness, but also treats the athlete’s feet fungus.
HOW TO USE:
Apply a generous layer of garlic oil to the bottoms of your feet. I also make sure it gets around my nails and toes to prevent fungus. Pop on a sock and voila, in the morning you’ll have smoother feet and or much less of a cough and cold.
11. Bio Ionic Speed Dryer: I switched to the Bio Ionic dryer after my Harry Josh dryer stopped working. I try to dry my hair naturally. When I am in a hurry, I love using this dryer. I can dry my hair in less than 10 minutes without damaging my hair. Natural volcanic rock minerals infused into the Bio Ionic tools emit negative ions that drive tiny water molecules deep into the hair. Hair becomes hydrated and conditioned, and the outer cuticle layer lies flat and smooth trapping moisture for a vibrant, shiny look. It’s like no other hair dryer on the market.
12. Keys Solar RX Moisture SPF: Keys is the best sunscreen I’ve found that does not clog my pores or contain harmful ingredients. Most sunscreens contain harmful chemicals such as oxybenzone and octinoxate. These chemicals are absorbed into the skin in large amounts according to some studies and act like estrogens in the body, raising risks for breast cancer, and showing effects like hormone-driven uterine damage in other studies. EWG researchers found that zinc and titanium-based formulations are among the safest, most effective sunscreens on the market. Keys products contain Nano zinc oxide, shea butter, avocado oil, carrot seed oil, black cumin oil, essential oil blend, purified water, vegetable glycerin, vegetable wax, rosemary extract.
What are some of your favorite beauty and wellness products?