Looking for a good book to read? I’m sharing 10 must-read books to add to your fall reading list. Books to inspire, encourage, and keep you up way past your bedtime.
1. UNINVITED: LIVING LOVED WHEN YOU FEEL LESS THAN, LEFT OUT, AND LONELY | BY LYSA TERKERUST: In Uninvited, Lysa shares her own deeply personal experiences of rejection including the painful childhood abandonment by her father. She examines the roots of rejection, as well as rejection’s ability to poison relationships from the inside out, including our relationship with God. I have read several of Lysa’s books before and they never disappoint.
2. THE CHEMIST | BY STEPHANIE MEYER: Stephanie Meyer is the author of the best-selling Twilight Series. She will publish her first thriller, “The Chemist” on Nov. 15. “The Chemist” introduces a former secret agent forced to go on the run, hiding from members of the government who fear she knows too much.
3. UNSHAKEN | BY TIM TEBOW: In Unshaken, Tebow talks about his Christian faith within the context of a football career that hasn’t gone the way he hoped. The entire first chapter is about being cut from the New England Patriots and what it’s like to be told you’re not enough. He explains why neither the highs nor the lows of his life can define him, and he reveals how you, too, can find confidence in your identity and know who you are.
4. THE MAGNOLIA STORY | BY CHIP AND JOANNA GAINES: HGTV reality stars Chip and Joanna Gaines, who have created their own real estate, home renovation and media empire in Waco, Texas, are releasing a new book about their successes, failures and most importantly their faith.
5. DEEP RUN ROOTS: STORIES AND RECIPES FROM MY CORNER OF THE SOUTH | BY VIVIAN HOWARD: Chef Vivian Howard is the star of the PBS hit series, “A Chef’s Life.” She also operates “Chef and the Farmer” and “The Boiler Room” in tiny Kinston, North Carolina. Her new cookbook includes over 200 recipes paying homage to her North Carolina roots.
To celebrate the release of her new book, Vivian is embarking on a Food Truck Tour. You can meet Vivian and get a signed copy of her cookbook plus enjoy a fabulous meal prepared by Vivian and her team.
6. UNKNOWN CALLER | BY DEBRA SPARKS: Beginning with an aggravating phone call, a strange request, and the sudden disappearance of a mother and her daughter, Unknown Caller is filled with page-turning suspense. The novel moves backward in time and across several continents to tell a funny, moving, and surprising story about families, misunderstandings, secrets, falls from grace, and chances for redemption.
7. THE POWER OF WHEN | BY MICHAEL BREUS: Dr. Michael Breus’s new book, The Power of When, explains the four distinct sleep types.
Dolphins are light-sleeping insomniacs who sometimes wake up unsure whether they actually slept or not. They tend to be highly intelligent Type As and can’t seem to turn off their brains at bedtime.
Lions are optimistic morning people, early to rise but early to crash. They tend to be the high-achieving type, getting more stuff done by 9am than most people get done all day.
Bears prefer a solar-based sleep schedule. They like to take naps and tend to be fun-loving and outgoing. Current sleep recommendations are based on this type.
Wolves are the creative introverts who get in bed at midnight and lie there for hours. They don’t hit their stride until late afternoon when everyone else is running on fumes.
Take this quiz to find out your chronotype HERE. After you’ve taken Dr. Breus’s comprehensive Bio-Time Quiz to figure out your chronotype, the book explains the best time to do over 50 different activities.
8. THE BROKEN WAY | BY ANN VOSCAMP: Ann is the author the best-selling book One Thousand Gifts. Her new release is about dealing with brokenness. Ann Voskamp writes about her own unspoken brokenness and asks: What if you really want to live abundantly before it’s too late? What do you do if you really want to know abundant wholeness? A study guide is also available.
9. THE SPRINKLES BAKING BOOK | BY CANDACE NELSON: Candace Nelson is the founder and pastry chef of Sprinkles Cupcakes. Sprinkles is the original cupcake bakery that started the cupcake craze. Candace is also a judge on the popular Food Network show, Cupcake Wars. The Sprinkles Baking Book includes over fifty of the famous bakeries best-kept secret cupcake recipes as well as Candace’s all-time favorite dessert recipes for cakes, pies, quick breads, cookies and bars plus recipes from Sprinkles friends Reese Witherspoon, Julia Roberts, Michael Strahan and Jessica Alba.
10. THE TRUTH ABOUT CANCER: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CANCER’S HISTORY, TREATMENT, AND PREVENTION | BY TY BOLLINGER: This book is the culmination of all the author’s research, interviews, and interactions with doctors and survivors all over the globe. If you’re concerned about preventing, beating, healing from and treating cancer this book is an absolute must-read.
See my other book recommendations HERE.
What’s on your fall reading list? Tell me in the comments!
P.S. You May Have Missed:
Link Love: How to Email + World’s Best Chili Recipe + What Facebook Knows About You + Travel Hacks + Are Men Intimidated By Smart Women + More Good Reads!