Here’s a roundup of some of my favorite beauty products.
1. Travel Size Makeup Mirror: The best solution for hotel lighting. It’s about the size of a tablet with soft dimmable lighting. Makeup artists design the product.
2. Living Libations Breast Massage Oil: Living Libations Breast Massage Oil has all the essential oils and other extracts good for the breasts already balanced for you. The massage oil ingredients are broccoli seed, cumin seed, calendula, Saint John’s Wort blossom, frankincense, grapefruit, rose otto, laurel, cypress, yarrow, ylang, and chamomile. There are few companies with ingredients this pure.
Learn a self breast massage technique that is designed to increase awareness of your breasts. Research also shows a correlation between hypothyroidism/Hashimoto’s and breast tissue abnormality. T3 and T4 indicate how many iodine molecules are present, three or four. Iodine is present in every tissue in the body. When there is insufficient iodine in the breasts, symptoms are fibrocystic breast tissue, breast lumps, and possibly breast cancer. It is also possible to massage away excess estrogen from the breasts.
Put 1-2 drops of Breast Massage Oil on each hand and place your hands under the breasts. Massage inward and upward in a circular motion, slowly covering the entire chest. Use this time to become familiar with how your breasts feel.
Best breast practices include: dry brushing, ensuring excellent nutrition including dietary iodine and magnesium, balanced intestinal flora with fermented foods and probiotics, avoiding aluminum, eating organic, real food, and only caring for your body with authentic, organic botanicals.
Breast Health Resources:
Breast Health Project: This website is designed to educate you to think about your breasts differently and help you to reduce your risk for breast cancer.
Lymphatic Breast Massage Video: Learn the basics of lymphatic breast massage.
The Book of Lymph by Lisa Levitt Gainsley is a guide that explains the health-promoting properties of lymphatic massage, featuring self-massage sequences anyone can do at home. Maintaining a healthy immune system starts with proper Lymph flow. Cleanse and nourish your body from the inside out with the power of lymphatic drainage. I also follow Lisa on Instagram for more tips.
Renegade Beauty by Nadine Artemis is a holistic guide to beauty and wellness. Discover why toxins are so harmful in beauty products and discover the alternatives. The beginning of the book did not interest me, but the rest of the book was information new to me, especially the chapters on breast health, sun exposure, and essential oils.
3. Westman Atelier Bonne Brow Pencil: The Westman Atelier Bonne Brow Pencil is a buildable, firm-yet-smooth formula that comes in four shades. The pencil’s thin, fine angled tip gives you an excellent accurate application whether you want to boost your natural shape subtly or you’re dealing with a patchy, thin, over-plucked brow situation.
4. Calmish Shape Body Gua She Rose Quartz: The Calmish Shape Body Gua Sha is designed for reducing cellulite and tightening loose skin on the thighs, butt, legs, belly, and arms. The long textured side reduces adhesions within the superficial facia layers, and the 3 waved top side works on the deeper facia layers. The smooth side is for classic body Gua Sha techniques and lymphatic drainage.
BENEFITS OF REGULAR GUA SHA BODY MASSAGE
- Improves blood circulation
- Reduces cellulite
- Supports lymphatic drainage
- Promotes a healthy vital glow to the skin
- Promotes skin renewal
- Improves muscle tone
- It gives you softer, smoother, and firmer skin
- Reduces pain, tension, and accumulation of cellulite
- More flow and energy in the body (Qi)
5. Everybody Loves the Sunshine Zinc Beach Balm Sun Protection: This is my favorite sun protection. Zinc oxide is an excellent option as a sunblock. It is a white, inorganic compound created from metallic zinc. Everybody Loves the Sunshine Zinc Beach Balm is ideal for travel. It’s a roll-on balm, so you don’t have to worry about the contents leaking out in your luggage or beach bag. Living Libations uses a non-nano particle, uncoated, pharmaceutical-grade zinc oxide. Unlike nano-particle minerals and chemical sunblocks, zinc doesn’t interfere with the health or respiration of the skin. The molecular size of zinc particles is too large to be absorbed by the skin. Instead, it sits on top and absorbs sun rays, protecting the skin.
6. Bdellium Makeup Brush Cleaner: This is the best brush cleaner because it includes a makeup mat inside the container.
How to use:
Wet brushes in warm water. Squeeze out excess water and lay the brush flat to dry. Swirl in soap to a lather. Work the bristles of your brush back and forth on the silicone cleaning pad (located in the cap) to remove makeup residue. Rinse and repeat as necessary. Allow soap to dry completely before storing away.
7. Iles Formula Finishing Serum: Iles Formula Finishing Serum is a lightweight serum that gives you a killer blowout without weighing down your hair. This paraben free formula creates a screen against UV rays, humidity, and free radicals: strengthening hair, helping repair split ends, and preventing color fade. I like to use a little after blowing out my hair to smooth flyaways and seal the ends. I’m not too fond of how products weigh my fair down. This serum is undetectable to me.
9. LeMieux Cosmetics Ionized Oxygen Infuser: The LeMieux Cosmetics Ionized Oxygen Infuser is an oxygenating infuser that dispenses an ultra-fine, line-filling mist for instant volume and hydration. The device works with Oh My Glow Activator and Oh My Glow Serum to instantly give you a healthy glow. It works great. The proof was several people asked me what I was using on my face.
10. Mavala Nail Polish Remover Pads: These pads are packed in a handy plastic container of 30 pads. They are acetone-free. It also cuts down on packing liquids.
11. Dyson Hair Flyaway Supersonic Hair Dryer Attachment: The Dyson Hair Flyaway Supersonic Hair Dryer Attachment attachment works with the Dyson Super Sonic Hair Dryer to hide flyaways in one pass for a smooth, shiny finish.
12. Living Libations Goodnight Oil: Living Libations Goodnight Oil: I use this oil at night on my brows and lashes overnight to help my brows and lashes to grow longer and fuller. Goodnight Oil is created with jojoba for moisture, prickly pear for deep hydration, castor oil for clarification, frankincense oil to lift and tone, and myrrh to fortify brows and lashes.
P.S. I write a weekly newsletter packed with obsessively-curated recommendations. Sign up if you like and get my newsletter delivered right to your Inbox via this link. Here’s a link to the travel planning edition of the newsletter.
You May Have Missed: