Here are 10 books to read now and feel free to add your own in the comments!
1. YES: MY ACCENT IS REAL: AND SOME OTHER THINGS I HAVEN’T TOLD YOU | BY KUNAL NAYYAR: A funny collection of essays from Kunal Nayyar, best known as Raj on CBS’s #1 hit comedy The Big Bang Theory.
2. MY SOUTHERN JOURNEY: TRUE STORIES FROM THE HEART OF THE SOUTH | BY RICK BRAGG: This book is a collection of essays on life in the south. Everything is explored, from the regional obsessions with college football and fishing to mayonnaise and spoon bread to the simply beauty of a fish on a hook.
3. THE STORY OF THE LOST CHILD | BY ELENA FERRANTE: This is the fourth and final installment in the series by Elena Ferrante about two childhood friends and covers their life story. The Story of the Lost Child takes the woman into their 60s. It is not necessary to read the previous books in the series, and the book includes a useful character list. Elena Ferrante is considered one of the great novelists of our time. The first book in the series, My Brilliant Friend, was a New York Times bestseller. The Story of My New Name is the second book and a bestseller. Those Who Leave and Those Who Stay was a New York Times bestseller and Notable Book of the Year and was named a best book of 2014 twenty-five times.
4. TRIM HEALTHY MAMA COOKBOOK: EAT UP AND SLIP DOWN WITH MORE THAN 350 HEALTHY RECIPES | BY PEARL BARRETT AND SERENE ALLISON: In their debut cookbook, the Trim Healthy Mama’s share hundreds of delicious, healthy recipes.
5. IN A DARK, DARK WOOD | BY RUTH WARE: A bachelorette party in the English countryside takes an eerie turn in the debut author’s thriller. Forty-eight hours into the weekend, crime writer Lenora wakes up in a hospital bed, realizes someone is dead and fears that she is the culprit. Read this one if you are a fan of Gone Girl and Girl On the Train.
6. THE APPEARANCE OF ANNIE VAN SINDEREN | BY KATHERINE HOWE: Katherine Howe’s latest is a page-turner that blends historical fiction, romance, and the supernatural. The story is about Wes Auckerman, who has just arrived to start his summer term at NYU. While shooting in the East Village, he meets a mysterious, beautiful girl named Annie. As they start spending time together, Wes finds himself falling for her. Annie’s from the city, and yet she seems just as out of place as Wes feels. Lost in the chaos of the busy city streets, she’s been searching for a missing ring. And now Annie is running out of time and needs Wes’s help. As they search together, Annie and Wes uncover secrets lurking around every corner, secrets that will reveal the truth of Annie’s dark past.
7. FERVENT: A WOMAN’S BATTLE PLAN TO SERIOUS, SPECIFIC AND STRATEGIC PRAYER | BY PRISCILLA SHIRER: If you watched the movie War Room and are longing to implement what you saw on screen through Priscilla Shirer’s character then you will want to read this book. Priscilla makes so many great points to help you in your prayer journey and the tools to do it.
8. IN A FRENCH KITCHEN: TALES AND TRADITIONS OF EVERYDAY HOME COOKING IN FRANCE | BY SUSAN HERRMANN LOOMIS: In a French Kitchen is all about how the French really cook! The book includes tips, tricks, information, guides, menus, recipes plus how to put a gorgeous meal on the table with style. If you love to cook, read this book. If you don’t love to cook, read this book for the sheer joy of Susan’s life in her small French village. If you long to visit France, read this book for it will make you feel as if you’ve been there.
9. DID YOU EVER HAVE A FAMILY | BY BILL CLEGG: June loses her husband, daughter and daughter’s fiancé in a fire hours before her daughter’s wedding. The author spools the stories of June and the other survivors as they face unimaginable horror and take their first halting steps toward hope and community.
10. THE GIRL IN THE SPIDER’S WEB | BY DAVID LAGERCRANTZ: David Lagercrantz picked up the series after the 2004 death of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo author Stieg Larrson. The heroine Lisbeth goes after the NSA while trying to protect a traumatized boy with autism. This new novel includes more of Lisbeth’s backstory, bringing a new dimension to the riveting heroine.
Thank you for reading! If you liked this post, please share it with others.
P.S. You May Have Missed:
My monthly newsletter full of great reads & helpful tips is going out soon! Don’t Miss Out.
3 thoughts on “10 Books to Read Now”
Adding some of these to my list. Great post!
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy your selections. Several passengers on my flights have been reading Elena Ferrante’s books.
I haven’t quite finished the girl with the dragon tattoo series but i’m curious how they would bring in a new author.
Comments are closed.