Do you listen to podcasts? If not, you’re missing out on great programming. Read on to find out 12 awesome podcasts to try and how to get started listening to podcasts.
If you are not familiar with podcasts, a podcast is a radio show that you can download or listen to online. Podcasts are great company on long road trips as well as daily commutes. I also listen to podcasts if I go for a long walk or while I’m cooking, cleaning, or doing some work on my computer. The best part about podcasts is they are completely free to download or stream online. Rather than listening to the radio or music, give podcasts a chance.
I listen to podcasts on my iPhone. It’s portable, and there are multiple podcasting apps available for it. I prefer using the Downcast app to download my favorite podcasts. You can create playlists and organize what you download or stream so you don’t lose precious space on your device. Before that, I used the simple Podcast app on my iPhone.
Some other great podcast apps to try include Overcast. In addition to offering easy-to-find content, this app makes it simple for you to download podcasts for offline listening, which is my favorite feature of any podcast app. You can search for and subscribe to podcasts, create custom playlists, and get notifications when new content is available.
I also like the TuneIn Radio app. This app includes 100,000 real radio stations and more than four million podcasts streaming from every continent. Explore and follow the best in sports, news, music and talk to create your personalized feed.
Podcast Chart is another great tool to discover new podcasts.
If you are looking for new podcasts, the new and noteworthy section of iTunes for podcasts is a great resource. The Podcast Top 200 lists the most popular podcasts, and the iTunes Essentials: Podcasts is a great way to find popular content. Use this curated library to find podcasts based on interests like “cooking” or “travel.” Also Sampler, a podcast about the best podcasts, is a great resource if you’re looking for more ideas. You can even listen to podcasts on your computer, by going to a podcast’s website.
And here’s a quick guide on how to download and listen to podcasts.
Other Podcast Apps for Android:
Here’s a list of new podcasts to try since my last update.
1. BILL BENNETT SHOW: This is an informative podcast about current events. I have learned so much listening to Dr. Bennett’s interviews. He asks intelligent, relevant questions. You can fast forward the commentary at the beginning of the episode to the interviews until you catch up to the current episode. He is the author of one of my favorite books, The Book of Virtues.
Episode 44 | Mike Lindell, founder and CEO of MyPillow: Bill chats with Mike about his incredible journey from drug addiction to sobriety and the creation of one of the world’s most successful pillow companies.
2. UNCONCLUDED: Unconcluded is a true crime investigative series about the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse. She disappeared from Orlando on January 24, 2006. At around noon on the same day, a mysterious figure drove her car to another apartment complex about 1.2 miles east, sat in the car for 32 seconds, and then walked away.
Favorite Episodes: You need to listen to them all in order.
3. THE FORWARD: Regardless of your opinion of Lance Armstrong, his podcast is worth a listen. Lance is great at interviewing different people on how they are moving forward in their lives.
4. THE ATLANTA MONSTER: A true crime podcast investigating the chilling disappearances and murders of over 22 children in Atlanta.
Favorite Episode: You need to listen to them all, in order.
5. FAT MASCARA: Each week beauty editors Jessica Matlin and Jennifer Goldstein interview makeup artists, hair stylists and other beauty industry insiders.
6. PASSION CITY: This podcast features messages from Louie Giglio and Ben Stuart. I can’t recommend listening to the Don’t Waste Your Life series enough.
Don’t Waste Your Life: It really makes you think about how you’re using your time, family, job and resources.
7. THE STACKING BENJAMINS SHOW: Joe Saul-Sehy, a former financial planner and his friend Oz, discuss current finance trends and interview financial experts.
8. HOUSE OF CARBS: Noted food enthusiast Joe House hosts a high energy food podcast.
9. UP AND VANISHED: This series is about the disappearance of a small-town Georgia beauty queen in 2006. She literally up and vanished without a trace. Due to the success of the podcast, the case was finally solved and the podcast concluded.
Favorite Episode: You need to listen to them all, in order.
10. THE KETO ANSWERS PODCAST: Keto Answers with Dr Anthony Gustin, founder and CEO of PerfectKeto.com, features interviews with health and nutrition influencers, world-class thought leaders, and industry experts. Topics covered include weight loss, intermittent fasting, low carb and ketogenic diets, nutrition, healing chronic conditions and hormones.
11. DIRTY JOHN: Debra Newell is a successful interior designer. She meets John Meehan, a handsome man who seems to check all the boxes: attentive, available, just back from a year in Iraq with Doctors Without Borders. But her family doesn’t like John, and they get entangled in an increasingly complex web of love, deception, forgiveness, denial, and ultimately, survival. Be sure to check out the website for photos.
Favorite Episodes: You need to listen to them all, in order.
12. 13: THE SEARCH FOR LEIGH OCCHI: Twenty-five years ago, as Hurricane Andrew bore down on northeast Mississippi, a teenage girl vanished without a trace in the town of Tupelo. She was, according to police, a victim of a cold and calculating person who took advantage of the chaos caused by the storm. For more than two decades, authorities have dissected and combed through the evidence. Theories and suspicions abound, but the teenager has not been found.
You need to listen to them all, in order.
So if you’re looking for more podcasts to listen to, you may want to read my other posts:
QUESTION OF THE DAY:
What other podcasts do you love?