Do you listen to podcasts? If not, you’re missing out on great programming. Read on to find out 12 awesome podcasts and how to get started listening to podcasts.
If you are not familiar with podcasts, a podcast is a radio show that you can download or listen to online. Podcasts are great company on long road trips as well as daily commutes. I also listen to podcasts if I go for a long walk or while I’m cooking, cleaning, or doing some work on my computer. The best part about podcasts is they are completely free to download or stream online. Rather than listening to the radio or music, give podcasts a chance.
I listen to podcasts on my iPhone. It’s portable, and there are multiple podcasting apps available for it. I recently downloaded the Downcast app. You can create playlists and organize what you download or stream so you don’t lose precious space on your device. Before that, I used the simple Podcast app on my iPhone.
Some other great podcast apps to try include Overcast. In addition to offering easy-to-find content, this app makes it simple for you to download podcasts for offline listening, which is my favorite feature of any podcast app. You can search for and subscribe to podcasts, create custom playlists, and get notifications when new content is available.
I also like the TuneIn Radio app. This app includes 100,000 real radio stations and more than four million podcasts streaming from every continent. Explore and follow the best in sports, news, music and talk to create your personalized feed.
If you are looking for new podcasts, the new and noteworthy section of iTunes for podcasts is a great resource. The Podcast Top 200 lists the most popular podcasts, and the iTunes Essentials: Podcasts is a great way to find popular content. Use this curated library to find podcasts based on interests like “cooking” or “travel.”
And here’s a quick guide on how to download and listen to podcasts.
Do you listen to podcasts? Here are a few of my favorites.
1. YOUNG HOUSE LOVE: Conversations about home improvement, design, and life at home. Tune in for weekly episodes filled with casual decorating advice, DIY stories, and interviews with designers, bloggers, TV personalities, and more. Sherry and John Petersik are the married duo who began chronicling their home improvement adventures in 2007 on the blog Young House Love, which spawned two New York Times best-selling books, as well as product lines sold by Target and Home Depot.
Episode 01 | What Rich People Have In Their Houses
Episode 02 | HGTV’s Sabrina Soto
2. THE BUDGET MINDED TRAVELER: The Budget-Minded Traveler podcast is your greatest resource for making travel happen in your life, especially on a budget. Become a world travel expert and begin your own adventure with the help of Jackie and her world-traveling guests.
Episode 64 | First Time Traveler Safety Tips & Tricks
Episode 65 | First Time Travel Planning Help, Featuring Italy
3. AROUND THE TABLE: Around the Table is the perfect balance of intention and indulgence. It’s a weekly conversation between two best friends, Jacey Verdicchio and Maggie McDaris, whose goal is to help you live purposefully.
Episode 111 | Toxic Relationships
Episode 130 | Travel, The Enneagram, Job Hunting, Quiet Time
4. THE HAPPY HOUR WITH JAMIE IVEY: Jamie Ivey interviews a guest each week. During the happy hour they will discuss the little things, the big things, and everything in between, just as if you were around the table with your own girlfriends. Jamie loves to connect with women and encourage them as they journey through life. I look forward to Jamie’s podcast each week.
Episode 82 | Shay Shull: Infertility, Travel, Adoption, The Bachelor
Episode 74 | Danielle Walker: Paleo Lifestyle, Miscarriage, Food Allergies
5. UNTOLD THE DANIEL MORGAN MURDER: If you’re still looking to scratch your season one Serial itch, a new series may help. Untold tells the story of the brutal murder of the private investigator Daniel Morgan, killed with an axe behind a pub in south London in 1987. Despite five police investigations, the murder remains unsolved. Untold, hosted by British screenwriter and journalist Peter Jukes, takes listeners into the heart of the continuing investigation. The 10-part series features interviews with Morgan’s family and hints at deep levels of police corruption and ties to the phone-hacking scandal.
You really need to listen to all of them in order.
6. THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS WITH LEWIS HOWES: Lewis Howes is a former pro-athlete turned lifestyle entrepreneur. Each week, Lewis interviews a guest to help you find out what makes great people great. Fridays are “Five Minute Fridays,” a short and inspirational message.
Episode 13 | Elizabeth Gilbert: Creating Big Magic and Staying Grounded
Episode 11 | Stacy London: Styling the Life of Your Dreams
Episode 148 | Julianne Hough: Finding Your Passion and Following Your Purpose
7. THE VIRGIN PODCAST: Great guests, strong opinions and fascinating talk on a variety of topics. Dominic Frisby is the host.
Episode June 21, 2016 | Angela Duckworth author of Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance
Episode May 3, 2016 | Charles Duhig: The Secret of Productivity
8. PRINCE STREET: Prince Street is a new monthly variety show by, for and about people who love food. With celebrity profiles, chef interviews, field reports, cooking and comedy, the team of award-winning journalists, actors and writers explore the ever-changing world of what we eat, what we cook, and the surprising ways food is life. It’s a very entertaining and informative program.
Episode 2 | Craving
Episode 3 | Risk
Future episodes will focus of Rule Breaking, Anxiety, Triumph, Failure, Secrets, Table Setting, Community, Fullness and Clean Up.
9. SHE PERCOLATES: Jen Hatzung and Danielle Spurge introduce you to interesting and inspiring women who live all different versions of success. The Friday Coffee Talk episodes are a time for the ladies to chat about things that often get discussed at a coffee shop and the things you tell your girlfriends.
Episode 140 | Business Tips, Email, Facebook, Creating Community
Episode 102 | The Impulse to Apologize
10. CRTL ALT DELETE: Emma Gannon interviews guests about friendship, feminism, business, life, blogging, writing, books and more topics. If you enjoy The Lively Show and Being Boss, this is another one to add to your playlist.
Episode 4 | Rowan Blanchard: Social Media Etiquitte and Finding Creative Hobbies
Episode 15 | Olvia Purvis: Social Media Comparison and the Evolution of Blogging
11. AWESOME ETIQUETTE: The great-great-grandchildren of Emily Post, Lizzie and Dan have taken up the mantle of answering the pressing etiquette questions of the day. They’ve been regular contributors to the Dinner Party Download, and with Awesome Etiquette they now have their own podcast with which to dispense advice on traditional topics like dating and entertaining to the wild frontier of the Internet.
Episode 91 | Politically Impolite
Episode 64 | Blood Is Not Thicker Than Facebook
12. BEAUTY INSIDE OUT WITH KIMBERLY SNYDER: Kimberly Snyder is a nutritionist and New York Times best-selling author of The Beauty Detox Power, The Beauty Detox Foods, and The Beauty Detox Solution. Kimberly shares her knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics. She also interviews a range of guests on topics such as health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, fitness and entrepreneurship. Kimberly’s mission is clear: to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
Episode 67 | Oral Health With Dr. Maddahi & Is All Salt Bad?
Episode 69 | Overcoming Grief
What are some of your favorite podcasts? Tell me in the comments!
If you liked this post, please share it with others.
P.S. You May Have Missed:
The Chic List June: San Antonio City Guide + Safety Online + Travel Tips + Recipes + Wellness + Photography Tips + More Fun!