Here are some great links to interesting articles for your weekend reading. I hope you enjoy this edition of Link Love. Have a fabulous weekend, friends!
P.S. I made reading the links easier with a Readlist. It’s a great tool that will let you get the best Internet stories in one place bundled into an e-book you can send to your Kindle, iPad, or iPhone. Click here to download.
1. An interview with the artist behind the iconic “Peace for Paris” symbol. (wired.com)
2. How to internet-fight the Islamic State. (foreignaffairs.com)
3. Thanksgiving, the Julia Child way. (nytimes.com)
4. Want to repair a rift with a loved one for the holidays? Better start now and practice something called “deceptive affection.” It makes all relationships better. (wsj.com)
5. How to survive a mass shooting. (naturalnews.com)
6. A college romance that led to murder. (nymag.com)
7. If miscarriage is so common, why doesn’t anyone talk about it? (theguardian.com)
8. Ryan Seacrest’s parents on raising the next Dick Clark. (wsj.com)
9. Carolina Herrera on aging gracefully, perfect white shirts, selfie etiquette and airport style. (wsj.com)
10. How to host a tailgate party. (ohhappyday.com)
11. What Isis really wants. (theatlantic.com)
12. What’s the best way to talk to kids about tragedy? (theatlantic.com)
13. How to take great photos for your holiday greeting cards. (wsj.com)
14. How to stop emails from spying on you. (newyorktimes.com)
15. I love these Thanksgiving tips and links that include some of Katie Lee’s recipes. (ivankatrump.com)
16. How coffee, alcohol, dairy, sugar, and gluten affect your skin. (scotsman.com)
17. This powerful antioxidant may decrease the side effects that diabetics get and help stabilize blood sugar, smash insulin resistance, and limit inflammation. (organicolvia.com)
18. A psychologist visited an Italian island to find out why so many people lived to 100 and discovered something amazing. (techinsider.io)
19. Do people really die of broken hearts? (nymag.com)
20. Your lymphatic system is your first line of defense before all other issues begin to arise; all the more reason to massage it daily. (chalkboardmagazine.com)
QUESTION OF THE DAY:
What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
YOU MAY HAVE MISSED:
10 Books to Read This Fall: Alexander Hamilton + Cookbook with a TACO chapter and doggie treats + Encouraging Book for Moms + more books to keep you up way past your bedtime!
November To Do List: Adele + Giada’s new show + Baking Blog + Broadway Musical + Christie Brinkley’s Beauty Secrets + Hot New restaurant in Chicago + More Things To Do All Month Long!
November Newsletter: DC Travel Guide + Decorating Resources + Thanksgiving Tips + Tech Tips + Gluten-Free News + More!
Link Love: Edward Snowden Explains How to Reclaim Your Privacy + Raising Resilient Kids + Airbnb Safety + Free iPhone Travel Guides + Why Women Love to Bake + How to Make the Perfect Cup of Coffee + More Good Reads!