Here are some great links for your weekend reading. I hope you enjoy this edition of Link Love. Have a fabulous weekend, friends.
1. What do we do in a season of singleness? Melody Harper discusses a very important question about desiring a relationship and what we can do to understand our season of singleness. (propelwomen.org)
2. You will want to save this collection of the most divine chocolate recipes. (nytimes.com)
3. Visitors can take photos at the White House. See the first White House tour photos taken in more than 40 years by Ellie Schafer. (whitehouse.gov)
4. Why women are defying doctors and choosing double mastectomies. (wsj.com)
5. How to clean hardwood floors. (houzz.com)
7. Behind the science of why ears pop on planes. (maphappy.org)
8. The Costello family abandoned the frenzy of New York City for a slower pace. Check out the beautiful renovation of this storied pink house in the Garden District. (nytimes.com)
9. Ever met your romantic partner’s friends and couldn’t stand them? Find out how to cope with this sticky situation. (wsj.com)
10. A fascinating look at how the brains of introverts and extroverts differ. (livescience.com)
11. Marie Forleo, a highly sensitive person and highly successful entrepreneur, shares valuable advice on how to smarten up (instead of getting a thicker skin) when someone criticizes you. (mareoforleo.com)
12. Find out the real cause of dark circles. (ivankatrump.com)
13. An illustrated guide for folding socks, underwear, tees, and sweaters. (goop.com)
14. If you’re planning on vacationing in Europe this summer, recent headlines may have prompted some travel questions. Does the weakened euro affect whether you should put charges on your credit card in euros or dollars? Is it legal and safe to use Uber? Do the International Air Transport Association’s efforts to implement more universal carry-on guidelines mean the time has come to buy a new, smaller rollaboard bag? These tips for traveling in Europe this summer are very helpful. (newyorktimes.com)
15. How to avoid ingrown hairs. (intothegloss.com)
16. The 10 best tricks and tips to get the most out of Apple music. (techradar.com)
17. Katharine Hepburn’s favorite brownie recipe. (ToriAvey.com)
18. Pulling an all-nighter is a bad way to enter a new day. Luckily, science can help you recover. (nymag.com)
19. Summer Love: A boy woos a girl with secret pickles. They’re still together 75 years later. (nytimes.com)
20. Drew Robinson of Jim ’N Nick’s Bar-B-Q in Birmingham, Alabama, shares his recipe for tomato pie. (gardenandgun.com)
You May Have Missed:
July Newsletter: My Favorite Hotspots in Jacksonville, FL + Book Recommendation Websites + Recipes + Travel Tips + Beach Reads + Trip Planning + Online Classes + DIY Resources + Summer Fun!
Question of the Day
What is your favorite dessert?
My favorite dessert is chocolate chip cookies.