I recently started drinking warm lemon water every morning. It is an easy way to kick-start the digestive system. There are many other benefits associated with drinking warm water with lemon. Read on to find out 10 reasons why you should start drinking warm lemon water every morning.
10 Benefits of Drinking Warm Lemon Water
1. It aids in digestion. This drink will help relax your bowels and promote elimination. The warm lemon water will also dissolve mucus in the body, flush and support the liver, and help with the absorption of minerals.
2. It boosts your immune system. It is a great source of vitamin C, potassium, and folate.
3. It balances pH levels. Lemons are one of the most alkalizing foods for the body. When our pH level increases, it means our body is becoming more acidic which makes it more prone to disease. Drinking lemon water will help increase the alkalinity of our body.
4. It’s a natural energizer. Lemon juice provides your body with energy when it enters your digestive tract.
5. It’s cleansing. The citric acid in lemons helps maximize enzyme function, which stimulates the liver and aids in detoxification.
6. It makes your skin glow. The vitamin C helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemons also purify the blood, which keeps your skin clear and fresh looking.
7. It promotes healing. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), found in abundance in lemons, promotes wound healing and is an essential nutrient for healthy bones, connective tissue, and cartilage.
8. It freshens your breath. The acidity in lemons helps destroy bacteria in your mouth that promotes bad breath.
9. It hydrates your lymph system. Drinking lemon juice and water in the morning is an excellent way to avoid dehydration as well as adrenal fatigue.
10. It aids in weight loss. Lemons are full of pectin fiber, which helps curb hunger cravings.
Do you drink water with lemon?