It’s time for summer vacations and beach days which means more time to read. Here are 10 hot books that I’m sure you’ll want to add to your summer reading list.
1. The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware | From the author of last year’s bestseller In a Dark, Dark Wood, comes a new thriller set on a cruise ship. Lo Blacklock is a travel writer who gets to spend a week on a luxury cruise. Filled with elegant guests, the Aurora begins her voyage into the North Sea. But as the wind whips up, so does the plot. Lo thinks she sees a woman being thrown overboard but all guests are accounted for on the ship. What could possibly be happening?
2. All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda | Megan Miranda’s novel is a nail-biting, breath-taking story about the disappearance of two young women a decade apart told in reverse.
3. Among the Wicked by Linda Castillo | When the body of an Amish girl is discovered near an Amish settlement in upstate New York, questions arise as to why she was out in the frigid winter evening and whether she was alone at the time.
4. Home Field by Hannah Gersen | As the high school football coach in his small, rural Maryland town, Dean is a hero who reorganized the athletic program and brought the state championship to the community. When he married Nicole, the beloved town sweetheart, he seemed to have it all until his troubled wife committed suicide. Now, everything Dean thought he knew is thrown off kilter as Nicole’s death forces him to re-evaluate all of his relationships, including those with his team and his three children. Fans of Friday Night Lights will enjoy this one.
5. Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty | The latest book from New York Times best-selling author of The Husband’s Secret, Little Big Lies and What Alice Forgot explores how one small moment can destroy everything. It’s about the consequences of something that happens at a neighborhood backyard barbecue.
6. The Light of Paris by Eleanor Brown | Weaving the 1920s with today, Eleanor Brown examines the joys of risk-taking.
7. A Certain Age by Beatriz Williams | An enchanting and compulsively readable tale of intrigue, romance, and scandal during the roaring 20s.
8. All Is Not Forgotten by Wendy Walker | What would you do to protect your children? What lengths would you go to? This book explores those questions and more. A dark and twisting psychological thriller that had me guessing at the end. Note: This book has some difficult and violent scenes.
9. Dark Matter by Blake Crouch | This science-fiction thriller is the story of Jason Dessen. The story quickly grabs your attention as Jason spends an innocent evening at a local bar where circumstances abruptly shift, and Jason begins a battle to make sense of a series of mind-bending realities that provoke past fears. This page-turner will keep you up all night.
10. The Wolf Road by Beth Lewis | An unrelenting psychological thriller of wilderness survival wrapped in a terrifying hide-and-seek game of trying to escape an unspeakable past.
Do you have any books to add to this list?
P.S. You May Have Missed:
Link Love: How to Plan Your Family’s Vacation + Why are Some People More Likely To Have Seasonal Allergies? + Bobbie Brown Talks Beauty + Bread Baking + Hamilton + How to Relax on Vacation + Cancer & Lymph Node Removal + More!
If you liked this post, please share it with others. And if you’re new, please consider subscribing to The Chic List.