3. SILKE HAIR TIES: These ties are so pretty and protect my hair from damage.
4. OUI RAZOR: I use this razor to avoid ingrown hairs and irritation. It’s weighted and comes with thin, interchangeable blades for the closest, smoothest shave.
5. NO CREASEHAIR CLIPS: Since, I use Revolve hair treatment for hair growth, I have new hair growth. After blow drying the front section of my hair, I use these clips to smooth out the short hairs. I leave the clips in my hair until I finish blow drying the rest of my hair. I use this serum after I style my hair. I also take Nutrofol. I experienced hair loss due to thyroid disease. Once I started supplementing, my hair loss eventually stopped.
6. SAIAN ACNE SPOT REMOVER: This acne spot treatment treats break-outs overnight. Kills germs and bacteria, disinfects and dries blemishes to treat even the most severe and cystic acne without leaving red spots and discoloration. No added color, fragrance, glycerin, fillers or preservatives.
7. OSMOSIS EYE MAKEUP REMOVER: I use several products from Osmosis. The Melt Away Gelee is my favorite eye makeup remover. It does not irritate my eyes and removes mascara easily. I leave it on a few minutes then remove it with a cotton pad.
8. MUJI TRAVEL CONTAINERS: I use these travel containers for my beauty products and toiletry items. Before I discovered the Muji brand, I used the Container Store travel containers. I did not like the mess with some of the containers leaking during flight due to pressurization. The Muji containers do not leak if sealed properly.
9. ETURE COTTON PUFFS: Each one is like a little pillow and the fluff never ever comes out of the sides or ends up on your lashes.
10. HEROINE MAKE MASCARA: I really love this mascara. It never clumps. You can’t really compare its effects to eyelash extensions or fake eyelashes. However, it’s one of the best drugstore mascaras that you can buy. I use Osmosis Eye Makeup Remover to take it off at the end of the day.
11. DYSON AIRWRAP: I have made an effort to protect my hair from heat damage by investing in the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer and Dyson Airwrap. The Dyson Airwrap is easy to use. It’s clipless and sucks your hair onto the wand, and as you move the wand closer to your scalp, it automatically curls hair around the wand. No twirling, clipping, or wrapping. I also recommend the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer. Both products keep my hair smooth and healthy looking.
12. PRETTY PERFECT INSTANT BRONZE: Tracy Anderson uses this self-tanner. It’s quick drying, easy to use, all natural and gives you the perfect bronze and glow. It also does not smell bad. I use a sponge to smooth out the product after application.
2. DYSON AIRWRAP: I have made an effort to protect my hair from heat damage by investing in the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer and Dyson Airwrap. The Dyson Airwrap is easy to use. It’s clipless and sucks your hair onto the wand, and as you move the wand closer to your scalp, it automatically curls hair around the wand. No twirling, clipping, or wrapping. I also recommend the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer. Both products keep my hair smooth and healthy looking. By investing in quality products, I am saving money by styling my hair myself. I do not go to blow dry bars. I also use Oribe styling products.
3. APPLE AIRPODS: The clarity and sound-quality for conversations is unparalleled. Already have AirPods? Install this cool program on your Mac computer so you can connect your AirPods with one click.
5. SIETE TORTILLAS AND CHIPS: The best grain free tortillas and chips on the market. I prefer this brand over any other brand based on the taste. If you have celiac disease or follow a Paleo diet or similar program, you must try their products!
6. BREVILLE ORACLE ESPRESSO MACHINE: I decided to invest in a good quality espresso machine for my home. I was spending way too much money at local coffee shops when I could make my own drinks at home. The Breville Oracle is remarkably easy to use, despite how complicated and fancy it looks. It’s also great for entertaining guests in your home.
7. NORWEX ODOUR ELIMINATOR: Odour Eliminator from Norwex is an enzyme-based, organic odor-remover that can be sprayed in the air, around or on the source of the odor. Odour Eliminator works to remove the source of the odor, rather than simply masking it. If you have pets, this works great to alleviate pet odors. I love that the smell does not give me a headache.
8. NURTAMILK: The Nutramilk makes a variety of nut butter and milks in a short amount of time. You can use a VitaMix to make nut milks, but you have to soak the nuts overnight then strain the milk, while this does everything for you. It will save a ton of money after a few months of use and is worth the investment.
9. WEATHERMAN UMBRELLA: I finally found an umbrella that is durable and stylish. It’s truly the best umbrella you’ll ever use. Weatherman was designed by a meteorologist.
10. PALEO CHEF KETCHUP: This ketchup tastes delicious with NO added sugars or high-fructose corn syrup. I also use the steak sauce for marinades. Check out Steve’s other products. Everything is gluten-free, and Paleo approved.
11. LASKO HEATER: I use this heater in my bathroom and when I’m working at my desk. It provides just the right amount of heat during the cold winter months.
12. IKEA DISH TOWELS: I use this insanely cheap cloth for everything from cleaning up spills to drying herbs. They are a steal at 80 cents each. Buy several at a time like I do and don’t fret when it’s time to toss one.
What products did you fall in love with in 2018? Tell me in the comments.
You May Have Missed:
The Chic List: Home Organization Shows + Marriage Podcast + Low Carb King Cake + Celery Juice + More!
Link Love: Privatize TSA + Tax Tips + Bone Broth Recipe + Marie Kondo’s Best Tips for Organizing + Paleo Tahini Cookies + More!
Link Love: Keto bread + Savannah Travel Guide + Ina Garten + Health Saving Account Tips + Hush puppies + Instagram Stories Tips and Tricks
The Editor’s guide to the best things to do, read, eat, watch and listen to this month.
CELERY JUICE: I started drinking celery juice in the morning on an empty stomach, and I noticed a difference in the way I felt almost immediately.
This article explains the benefits of drinking celery juice.
You should see and feel results in as little as seven days after starting your celery juice habit. If you’re really not feeling well, you may want to start slowly with 6-8 ounces and build up to 16 ounces from there. You should notice a difference in digestion and gut health in as little as 4 to 5 days.
Listen to this episode of the Medical Medium podcast and learn about the benefits of drinking celery juice and how to get started. Be sure to check out other episodes of the Medical Medium podcast.
QUEEN OF THE WORLD HBO: Queen Elizabeth II has given privileged access to Oxford Films to capture the Queen, her staff, her family and her residences to tell the story of how the Commowealth has been a central focus and passion throughout Her Majesty’s life. Recently released on HBO, have a look at the trailer below.
MASTER THE MESS | HELLO SUNSHINE NETWORK: It features The Home Edit team, a traveling duo of professional organizers made up of Nashville-based Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin. You can browse The Home Edit Instagram account to see more beautifully organized spaces, and you can also subscribe to their blog to learn more tips and tricks for home organization.
SABA NEW ORLEANS: Alton Shaya’s new Israeli restaurant is now open in New Orleans.
EAT WITH SAFTA: Alton Shaya expanded his growing restaurant empire with a new Israeli restaurant in Denver.
EAT FIT KING CAKE: Molly Kimball, registered dietitian and founder of Ochsner Eat Fit has worked closely with John Caluda of Caluda’s Cottage Catering to develop this Eat Fit King Cake that’s also Gluten Free, Grain Free, Low Carb and Keto-approved. For the current list of Eat Fit King Cake retailers and more information visit OchsnerEatFit.com and follow @EatFitNOLA on Instagram and Facebook for daily updates.
ALL ABOUT CAKE | CHRISTINA TOSI: I love Christina Tosi’s creativity and passion for baking. Her latest book is a collection of cake recipes.
MICHAEL BUBLE LOVE: Love is Buble’s most romantic record to date, beginning with the lead single “When I Fall in Love.”
UNEXPLAINED MYSTERIES E27: Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: Less than one hour into its flight, Malaysia Airlines flight 370 disappeared from the skies. Despite all of the geo-location technology that exists, and more than $160 million in a search and recovery effort, the whereabouts of flight MH370, and the circumstances of its disappearance over the Indian Ocean in 2014 remain a mystery. The hosts present a very detailed account of the incident.
THE ULTIMATE MARRIAGE PODCAST: Ultimate Marriage is hosted by Dale and Veronica Partridge. The podcast is about understanding and implementing God’s ultimate design for husband and wife. It’s about love, humilty, and truth. Dale and Veronica haven’t innovated some revolutionary approach to marriage. They simply committed to doing what the Bible instructs even when it’s uncomfortable, unpopular, or down right difficult. If you are single, you can still benefit from listening.
P.S. If you have some recommendations, I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!
19. Airport wifi can be a security nightmare. Here’s what you can do to stop cyber criminals.
20. How Herb Kelleher made the world a whole lot smaller. The Southwest Airlines cofounder was a pioneering entrepreneur who changed the way we travel. He was also a world-class wit, a bon vivant, and a not-so-closet intellectual.
Note: Links are not endorsements and do not necessarily represent my opinion.
1. Kate Middleton and Pippa Middleton’s mother, Carole Middleton, has given her first ever interview. As well as discussing her royal grandchildren, Carole opened up about how life has changed since her daughter married Prince William.
4. SWEET LAUREL: The recipes are grain-free, gluten-free and dairy-free. The recipes focus on using a few ingredients to create wholesome and delicious desserts. If you are looking for a simpler way to bake or dealing with food restrictions, this book is for you. The cake recipes are my favorite.
6. MOTHER JEANS: My new go-to denim brand. The high-rise waist is my favorite style.
7. STASHER REUSABLE FOOD STORAGE BAGS: I pack a lot of food to eat when I travel. The Stasher bags do not take up a lot of space and allow me to heat food on the road. Stasher bags are safe for use in the microwave, a standard oven, or a pot of boiling water up to 400F. Stasher can take the heat, the cold, and anything else your kitchen dishes out. Thanks to the patented airtight seal, all of your food’s nutrients, flavors and juices stay locked in.
8. LOVE STAMP: The Love postage stamp for USPS “Love Flourishes” is designed by Anna Rifle Bond. She is the founder of Rifle Paper Company in Orlando, Florida.
9. BISCUIT BEDDING: I love the beautiful floral patterns. The sheets are also very high quality.
10. RESTORE SINUS SPRAY: Since the neti-pot did not work for me, I was happy to find a solution for occasional allergies. Restore Sinus Spray is designed to help you cleanse, soothe, and hydrate the delicate membranes lining your nasal passages.
Start your daily beauty and hygiene regimen by gently flushing your sinuses with Restore’s proprietary blend of trace minerals suspended in purified water. It’s the perfect rinse for the dust, pollen, and other airborne particulates and irritants we are exposed to in our daily environment.
12. QUIP ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH: I like to travel with an electric tooth brush. The Quip design is light weight and battery operated.
What are some of your favorite things? Tell me in the comments.
P.S. YOU MAY HAVE MISSED:
LINK LOVE: DNA testing kits ask you to swab and send but what happens to your sample? + Portland Maine Restaurant Guide + Best New Restaurants in USA + Cardiologist’s Guide: How to Prevent Heart Disease + How to Keep Devices Safe While Traveling + Pilot Risking His Life to Fulfill Richard Branson’s Commercial Space Travel + More!
If you are looking for a great attraction for kids, don’t miss Diggerland USA. Diggerland is a construction-themed adventure park where children and their families drive, ride and operate heavy machinery in a safe, family-friendly environment.
19. The murder of Mickey Bryan, a quiet fourth-grade teacher, stunned her small Texas town. Then her husband, a beloved high school principal, was charged with killing her. Did he do it, or had there been a terrible mistake? Part I and Part II is here.
Link Love: Understanding the Struggles of Women Over 35 and Single + How to Get Smartphone Ready for Travel + Houston Travel Guide + Lyme Disease Prevention + Brazilian Cheese Bread + Is Free Spotify Worth It? + Salad Recipes + Things to Know if you have Celiac Disease + More!